A Truly Unique Experience, for Your Unique Pregnancy
Perks of The Pregnancy Club:
- I pay *real* attention to your changing body. My time-tested exercises focus on your strength, flexibility, core work and aerobic system. As your body changes over the course of your pregnancy, you receive a variety of exercises, so you work from top to tail and you won’t get bored!
- I adjust the exercises and content as your pregnancy progresses. Your body is totally different at 3 months than at 8 months, so why would you be doing the same exercises throughout? I give you appropriate exercises through each phase of your journey.
- I dive into the nitty gritty. I bring you education sessions about things like c-sections, due dates, raspberry leaf tea and birth plans/preferences. My clients (and colleagues!) ask me these questions all the time, and you get access to the answers inside the Pregnancy Club.
- I answer the questions that keep you up at night. As questions arise (which they will and should!), I’ll offer live webinars to get you real support so you can rest easy.
- You get access to a strong community of support. The Pregnancy Club has a private Facebook community where you can share your tips and talk about your hopes/fears/experiences with other mums-to-be.
- You can be successful anywhere. The exercises can be done in the comfort of your own home, with minimal equipment. Plus, the webinars, videos, and Facebook group are always at your fingertips when you have internet access. This means even dipping your toe into the support, guidance, and cheerleading inside the Pregnancy Club makes the cost of admission completely worth it.
“I find the fitness industry is full of paid, online exercise or nutrition programs backed by a whole lot of great marketing strategies that are trying to make up for the lack of actual, quality content. Herasphere’s Pregnancy Club is NOT one of them … Marika has not only delivered a beautiful, easy-to-follow, and well-priced educational and exercise program aimed for pregnant women, she has excelled in providing up-to-date, evidence-based information. … This education goes above and beyond what most women learn in their antenatal classes, as well as individual physiotherapy appointments ”
“The exercise advice that most pregnant women get is unspecific and too watered down, leaving them either not doing enough or at risk for injury. As a Pilates Instructor and Dietitian/Nutritionist with extensive experience working with prenatal and postnatal clients, I highly recommend Pregnancy Club. There’s no other program I’ve seen that gives exercises specific to the week of pregnancy, with detailed instructions (from a physiotherapist, no less), and is totally affordable.”
“If you are looking for an online pregnancy exercise programme that is easy to follow and professionally delivered, then look no further. Herasphere’s Pregnancy Club is not only informative and evidence based (you will learn a lot more than just the best exercises for pregnancy and birth), it is also fun and helps connect with likeminded Mums to be. This is actually really important. Exercise in pregnancy obviously has benefits to your body, physical wellbeing and in helping you birth better. But I have often worried that some online courses don’t acknowledge the important role exercise plays in improving your emotion wellbeing during pregnancy and beyond. Research has shown that the social interaction of exercise plays a major role is improving emotional wellbeing at this very important time in your life. Marika’s programme makes sure you get this social interaction, which is evident in the name “Pregnancy Club”. You will feel wonderfully supported and connected, and therefore enjoy ALL the benefits of exercise in pregnancy.”
“I really like Marika’s approach to educating pre and postnatal women. She uses her extensive knowledge as a Physiotherapist and Pilates instructor to guide women through being active and healthy during pregnancy and then in their recovery postnatally.
I think it is her down-to-earth presenting style that I like best , she is so easy to relate to.”
Your Guide: Marika Hart
The Pregnancy Club is for YOU!
- Do you qualify for The Pregnancy Club? Easy, answer these questions:
- Am I pregnant?
- Am I keen to feel strong, fit and healthy?
- Do I have aches or pains in my back or pelvis that I want to learn how to manage? (Ah, the joy of womanhood!)
- Do I want to take care of my core and pelvic floor during and after pregnancy?
- Am I interested in the different parts of pregnancy: food, anatomy, emotional health, and more?
- Want to learn lots of stuff in their pregnancy – about what is happening to their bodies as well as what options they may have to make regarding their birth
- Do I want to be part of a community of mums-to-be and share in the excitement of pregnancy and birth?
- Let me guess…you absolutely qualified?! Wonderful, let’s get to it!
How much does it cost?
Pregnancy Club is available to purchase in two ways
Past 16 weeks pregnant? Our Pay As You Go option will be the best one for you. You will get access to all the relevant information and exercises as you progress through your pregnancy and will be billed every 4 weeks for the remainder of your pregnancy.
Less than 16 weeks pregnant? The Bundle option let you purchase the whole of Pregnancy Club at one discounted rate. You still get all the content drip fed as you progress through your pregnancy but you pay for get the full six blocks for the price of five.
Got a question? I knew you would!
What equipment will I need?
- – yoga mat
- – piece of medium-strength theraband * (red or green will usually suit)
- – small hand weights (water bottles are a good substitute)
- – fit ball** (65cm suitable for most women, unless you are particularly short or tall.)
- – Towel or cushion to sit on
* There are many different brands and versions of exercise bands. You can buy these from your local sports shop or on amazon. I tend to cut my bands to1.5 metre in length, but most of the exercises in the program can easily be done with a 1 metre length.
** There is only one exercise program using a fitball, so if you do not have the space to store it or do not wish to spend the money to buy one, you can do without the ball. However, many women use it frequently during late pregnancy and in early stages of labour as movements on the ball can be quite soothing (in fact one of my clients used her ball for 36 hours in labour…seriously!!)
Make sure you get an anti-burst ball as some are of poor quality and you would not like it to break as you are sitting on it!
How does the billing work?
The program will automatically calculate how many billing cycles you will have before your due date. There is a maximum of 6 billing cycles.
Example #1 – you are 12 weeks pregnant and join the program. You will get billed straight away and at 4 week intervals for 6 cycles (you will be 32 weeks pregnant at your last bill cycle).
Example #2 – you are 27 weeks pregnant. You will be billed immediately and then at 2 more intervals (you will be 35 weeks at the last cycle).
If I join later in the program, will I have missed some educational information? Can I still get access to it?
If you would like access to earlier content that you may have missed, you do have option of “topping up” your program. This works out to be $US 9.95 per month of information missed. For example, if you join when you are 24 weeks pregnant, but would like the 3 blocks of information prior, you can pay a $US 29.85 top up fee to have access to those educational videos, which includes topics such as pelvic floor exercise, diastasis of rectus abdominis and back care.
What happens if I don’t like the program?
No problem – you can cancel at any time by going to the “my account” section in the program.
If you cancel within the first two weeks of joining the program, you will be refunded for that cycle as long as you contact us via email.
If you are refunded for the program, you will no longer have access to the program.
If you cancel your subscription at any other stage, you will still have access to the information that you have paid for, up until the end of that billing cycle after which time your access will cease.
Am I guaranteed to have a great pregnancy and birth?
No – unfortunately we cannot make such guarantees as every person’s experience is so different. Our bodies experience pregnancy and birth so differently, but what we can do is put the odds in our favour! We know that exercise helps our experience in pregnancy by helping relieve aches and pains, improving our mental health, helping us sleep better and getting us physically prepared for the birth.
We also know that women who are mentally and physically prepared for birth, who have a supportive environment around them and who have less fear of labour, are more likely to have a positive experience in birth and a better recovery.
Is this program a good substitution for antenatal classes?
I strongly encourage women to attend antenatal classes local to where they will be giving birth.
Every medical system is different and what will be on offer to you may be completely different to what is available in another city or country. You will gain a lot of knowledge in this program, but if you wish to learn in more detail, you should do some further training.
I do have some links in the program to some training programs that may be of interest to you. I am a physiotherapist by training, not a midwife or obstetrician, so I also cannot go to the same degree of detail as they are able to, so please do seek further knowledge in your local area.
Who do I contact if I am having problems with the program?
Contact us via email or our contact page if you are having any problems and we will endeavour to sort this out immediately.
Unfortunately we cannot be responsible for internet speeds and such, so if your videos are running slow you may need to contact your internet service provider.
All videos are streamed on Vimeo, so try playing free videos on their service (such as the sales video on this page) prior to purchasing if you are not sure if your internet connection is good enough.
What if I have never done Pilates before?
Not a problem at all. In the program I talk – quite a lot actually! I talk you through every exercise and give you adaptations that you might need. I’ll often point out common ways that people cheat and how you can correct your posture.
You will have me demonstrating every exercise, so you shouldn’t have any issues following the program. Most women who come to my classes or do the program have never done Pilates before, so don’t worry! Just make sure you watch the introductory videos so that you can learn the key elements of Pilates.
I have some back pain/pelvic pain/ wrist pain - can I still do the program?
I always recommend seeing a health practitioner for treatment if you have pain. This program has adaptations through it for people who have pain in the pelvis, spine or wrist so you should be fine to continue. However, everyone is different so get the all clear from your doctor or physiotherapist prior to starting as you may need to avoid certain exercises or add others into your program.
What kind of exercises are they?
It is safe to say that I don’t prescribe to one type of exercise in the program. In my professional life I have done training in Pilates and strength/ conditioning. In my personal life I have participated in martial arts, qi-gong, gym classes and so much more.
I don’t like getting pigeon-holed into one style of teaching, so you will see a bit of everything, but in each month one session will be predominantly Pilates in style, and the other will be a combination of strength and/ or aerobic training.
How often should I do the exercises?
Great question. Pretty much depends on your starting point.
If you are already fit, active and exercising regularly then you may feel fine to do the program daily.
If you have never exercised in your life, you might want to start by doing half of each of the sessions a couple of times per week and building it up from there.
Can I download the videos?
No, the videos are streamed online via Vimeo. You will need internet connection in order to watch these videos. Videos will be updated from time to time, especially the educational content. This will enable you to automatically access the newest information.